The Junior Rifle Club instructs youths between the ages of 10 and 17 how to handle small bore rifle properly, while at the same time learning, firearm safety and range rules. Members of this youth program share the friendship and fellowship of other boys and girls interested in the shooting sports. Participants in this program earn certificates of achievement and proficiency awards.
Why join the O.C.S.C Junior Rifle Club?
- To learn how to handle small bore rifle properly, while at the same time learning, firearm safety and range rules.
- To share the friendship and fellowship of other boys and girls interested in rifling.
- To earn certificates of achievement and proficiency awards in a standard program.
How do I join the Junior Rifle Club And How much does it cost?
- Join the O.C.S.C. as a Junior Member ($10.00)
- Join the O.C.S.C. Junior Rifle club
- Civilian Marksmanship Program Fee
A fee of $5.00 is collected each Evening That you shoot. This fee covers ammunition, targets, range fees, and rifle use.
What do the National Rifle Association and the Civilian Marksmanship Program do for the junior program?
- The NRA establishes standards of proficiency for the program. As Juniors advance in the shooting program, they earn certificates, diplomas, brassards, and awards in the four different positions - prone, sitting, kneeling, and offhand. The NRA is the source for these awards.
- The CMP provides ammunition to the program at reduced prices. The club owned rifles and other equipment were also purchased through the CMP program
- The last Monday in March is the Junior Rifle Club awards Party.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How old do I have to be to Join?
10 Through 17 years old.
Do I have to bring my own gun?
No, but if you own one that has a bolt action, a peep sight, front Aperture, and sling, you may use it.
When do we shoot and at what time?
New Shooters: We shoot in the Range House, Starting the Second Monday in September from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. This First Session is for Registration only. We end the season in late March with an awards Party. Parents are welcome to attend on Monday nights.
Past Shooters: Will register the second Monday in October from
6:30PM - 8:30PM. The start Times may vary.